The Onyx series of routers can provide a 32 x 32 built-in routing system with a combination of BNC and SFP I/O ports to satisfy any application.
For years, Onyx has been saving demanding customers rack space and money with the unique Onyx concept. Our goal is to offer the most flexible and affordable infrastructure platform in the Video Business with the greenest technologies available at any time.
8/16 ch. CWDM Mux & Demux
Onyx has a platform based on the universal SFP (Small Form Factor Pluggable) offerings and we accept all kinds of SFP manufacturers following the MSA standard. This means that we also allow the client to install other MSA SFP’s into the Onyx in addition to those which we offer in our own portfolio. Why buy non-standard SFPs from other vendors which are proprietary and expensive with less flexibility?
World-class redundancy handling with auto-switching to any chosen input makes Onyx one of the most comprehensive component for critical transmissions. You find Onyx in most world-class championships for any sports.
With the technology we use you do not need hundreds of circuit boards anymore to achieve what we can using SFP’s! Reduce your hardware footprint from 3-6RU to the multifunctional 1RU Onyx!
Many demanding clients around the world see Onyx as “The Champion of Fiber Transport”. You can literally transport any signals in the Onyx frames. Here are some main sales arguments for the Onyx frames and why we have become very popular in the market place with sales to over 60 countries:
- A full 32 x 32 router in every Onyx 1RU frame.
- Whatever signal that enters the system can be routed to any output, distributed, converted, monitored and analyzed.
- Advanced signal redundancy with auto-switching to any chosen input.
- The Onyx series can be used as a fixed box or repurposed on the fly to meet any change in demand.
- Every SFP port is bi-directional.
- Every BNC port is input or output selectable.
- All output ports are re-clocked.
- We accept any MSA compliant SFP. NO “lock-in” to proprietary expensive single manufacturer made units.
- Multiple reference switching; the router can be portioned to switch different signal types on different references, both analog and digital reference.
- Powerful and simple upgrade path; Industry unique double CWDM capacity- HiLo System using existing CWDM infrastructure (unique Onyx feature).
- OnyxStudio software included in the Onyx price. A simple and quick to learn control system where you are able to monitor and follow signal integrity through multiple nodes.
- Easily accessable through Web interface.
- Most 3rd party control systems: Ross openGear/DashBoard, Skyline/Dataminer, ScheduALL, LAWO/VSM, BFE/KSC, DNF Control, TSL, RASCULAR, Black Magic, Axon Cerebrum, SAM SW-P-08 etc. are integrated. It is easy to make tailor made custom panels and monitoring solutions.
- Rest assure that whatever signal format that is coming in the future will be integrated into the Onyx platform. This makes the Onyx platform “to be the best motorway to drive on, any cars in form of signal formats are welcome”.
- Highest density in the market; where other manufacturers use 3-5RU – Onyx uses 1RU.
- Hot-swap optics ensures high reliability minimizing the need for maintenance windows and staff.
- The Onyx platform supports numerous signals in one frame such as common video and telco formats including KVM, SDTI (e.g. EVS), SMPTE 2022-6, MADI, SDI to IP, Ethernet, 4K 60p workflows, HDMI, DVI, Serial, GPI/O, CVBS, CSI-CCU (including video, audio, tally, intercom, RCP) etc.
|Fiber By Type||
3rd Party Control, 4k60p Workflows, Built-in ROUTER, CAM-CCU, Ethernet, GPI/0, HDMI, Intercom, KVM, MADI, Rack Style, RCP, SDI to IP, SDTI(EVS), Serial, SMPTE 2022-6, Tally, Throw-Down Brick, Web Interface, 3G, 2x3G, 12G, 4K, 4K-60HZ, CVBS
CWDM, Single Mode